This privacy statement applies to the data that Autorola Group collects when you use our services.
This privacy statement is meant to inform you, the “data subject”, how we use your personal data. Protection of your personal data is important for us and we encourage you to read this privacy statement. If you have trouble reading this statement please contact us (Telephone: +45 70 20 16 61) and we will help you the best we can.
Your personal data is protected by law through the General Data Protection Regulation (REGULATION (EU) 2016/679 OF THE EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT AND OF THE COUNCIL of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation).
We may amend this statement from time to time. We encourage you to review this statement periodically, as changes will be posted on this page.
This statement applies to:
- Our customers
- Visitors of our websites
This statement covers:
- Privacy statement
- The personal data we collect
- How we collect data
- How we use your data
- Your rights regarding your personal data
- Contact Us
The personal data we collect
We collect various types of data depending on how you interact with us and which services you use. However, it applies for all Autorola services that only ordinary personal data are collected.
Personal data you provide to us
When signing up as a user of Autorola services you enter into an agreement to which Autorola requires your contact information that will be used for the performance of our services and to verify your identity.
Personal data collected when you visit our websites
When you use our websites, we may automatically collect personal data such as IP address and other data are collected by cookies such as your location, how you navigate through the websites etc. More on the data collected by cookies here:
Personal data collected when you use our services
When you use our services, we collect following personal data, but not limited to:
- IP Address
- Telephone Number
- Email address
Additional data collected for professional users:
- Billing Address
- Payment information
- Insurance number
We also collect usage data regarding your use of our services and this may contain personal data.
Payment and billing information solely collected and used to process payments and deliver our products and services.
As we have no use of sensitive personal data, we ask you not to disclose any sensitive personal data unless specifically requested by us due to legal obligation or required by law.
How we collect data
As described before, we collect personal data from you when you visit our website or use our services. Some of the data is provided by you and some are collected as you move around on our websites.
We do not use Google Analytics for collection of data. (Only valid for AT, FR & IT websites)
How we use your data
We process your personal data for the following purposes:
- To provide our services.
- To respond to your requests for information.
- To contact you with updates about our services.
- To market and advertise our services, including sending marketing communications, with your consent.
- To analyze and improve our website and services.
The legal basis for collecting and processing data
We use the following legal bases for collecting and processing personal data;
- We may collect and process data with your consent, such as when you subscribe to our newsletter, ask for information, or sign up for services.
- Necessary to perform a contract
- We may collect and process data we need to provide our services or fulfill contractual obligations with our customers. We may process limited amount of personal data in order to develop and test features and services where it is strictly necessary in order to be able to provide our services.
- Necessary to comply with legal obligation
- We may collect and process data to fulfill a legal obligation.
- Legitimate interest
- We may collect and process data as we have a legitimate interest in operating efficient and relevant marketing and sales activities as well as providing and updating our service in order to maximize value for our customers and users as long as our legitimate interests are not outweighed by your rights. Therefore we may use limited amount of personal data in order to develop efficient and error free services.
How we share data
There are certain cases where we share your personal data collected when using Autorola services, with third parties in order to perform the agreed service. These cases include, but are not limited to; when you sell or purchase vehicles or goods, when you fail to pay legitimate invoices from Autorola, when we refund payment, and when asked by the authorities in relation to crime investigations.
The categories of recipients are:
- Financial auditors
- Buyer of vehicles or goods you sell
- Seller of vehicles or goods you buy
- Our bank
- Our debt collection company
- Our debt recovery company
- Digital contract signing company
- The authorities
- Our partners hosting our web sites and Internet services
- Our data backup partners
- SMS service providers
- Car parks where you retrieve or deliver vehicles or goods
- Transport companies transporting vehicles to or from you
- Third party support system
- Function logging system
In order to facilitate a sale the buyer and seller must exchange personal data and Autorola is providing this data to both parties as part of the agreement made when signing up to Autorola services. Some trades are done with an intercessor where the buyer and the seller do not share personal data. When an auction ends, Autorola will try to contact potential buyers as well as the seller to complete the sale.
Autorola is legally obligated to report imported and exported goods to INTRASTAT in which case provide them with the, by law, required personal data.
Autorola is also legally obligated to deregister vehicles before export and to document that it has been done. When deregistering, your personal data will be shared with the relevant authorities.
Third country transfer of your personal data
We will transfer your contact information to countries outside of the EU in the cases where you purchase or sell vehicles or goods outside of the EU.
Autorola uses a standard contractual clause to ensure proper protection of your personal information in the absence of an adequate decision pursuant to Article 45(3) of the GDPR.
Our vendors and service providers are not permitted to use your personal information for any other purpose than to provide contracted services.
We keep an internal record of users who severely misbehave such as refusal to pay justified buyers or sellers fee, attempt of cheating and more.
We have a legitimate interest in keeping our services professional, which very much means that we try to ensure that our buyers and sellers are acting professional.
In cases where a law has been broken or there is a legal claim, we will share this information including personal data with relevant parties such as:
This information can also be relevant for financial auditing as it might be used as documentation for loss of profit. In this case the information will be shared with:
- Financial auditors
How long we retain your data
How long we keep personal data collected depends on the type of information and the purpose for which they were collected. After a reasonable period of time or the completion of the purpose for which it was collected, we will either delete or anonymize personal data.
We retain personal data where we have an ongoing legitimate business purpose to do so, for example to resolve disputes or to comply with ongoing legal obligations.
We retain your personal data for as long as it is needed to provide our services to you and to fulfill our legal obligations and for a reasonable period of time after such services are completed.
Your rights regarding your personal data
As a resident in the EU/EEA, you have certain rights with regard to your personal data. You have the right to access your personal data we have about you and to have inaccurate data corrected. You have also the right to request that your personal data be permanently deleted, and we can do so unless Autorola is obligated by law to keep the data. Furthermore, you have the right to restrict the processing of your personal data and the right to object to specific types of processing of your personal data. If you have given us consent to collect or process your personal data, you may withdraw that consent at any time.
We take all reasonable steps to protect the information we receive from you from accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, and unauthorized disclosure or access. We have put in place appropriate physical, technical, and administrative measures to safeguard and secure your information, but no security measures are perfect; the risk of a data breach is possible.
Below is a list of some of the security measures that are in place:
- Personal data is encrypted during transmission.
- Personal data is encrypted at rest at our data centers.
- Employees are given access to users’ personal data only on a “need to know” basis.
- All employees are required to receive training on GDPR and information security.
- All employees with access to personal data are required to sign a binding confidentiality agreement.
- Before sharing personal data with our vendors, we make sure they have implemented security procedures to protect your data. Our vendors and partners are not permitted to use or share your information for any purpose other than to provide the services for which they have been contracted.
If you have any questions about this privacy statement, or if you want to exercise your privacy rights as outlined above, please contact us at the following:
The company collecting and processing your data is:
DK-5000 Odense C
Tel: +45 70 20 16 61
The supervisory authority of protection of personal data in Denmark:
Carl Jacobsens Vej 35
Tlf. 33 19 32 00